Fundraising & Events
The Friends of the Cortland County Child Advocacy Center is a 501c3 corporation dedicated to the prevention, education, and investigation of child abuse.
Funds raised are used to provide services and activities to child victims of sexual and physical abuse when not covered by grant funding (security system and monthly monitoring; therapeutic horseback riding; art classes and supplies; mini golf, bowling, movies, karate, dance, summer camps; emergency services: housing, transportation, food, school supplies, clothing, etc.
- Pinwheel Gardens sales in April– to raise awareness for child abuse prevention month
- Be a Star for Children – Annual fundraising event with raffles, food, music and more. Brings the community together and helps raise awareness of the child advocacy center.
- One Too Many NY– 5K hosted by New York State Children’s Alliance to support child advocacy centers in New York.
- Win a Trip To Walt Disney World! 500 raffle tickets are sold starting in June, winner is chosen during our Be a Star for Children annual event.
Community Awareness Events
- Pending as COVID restrictions lift.