Child Abuse can happen in any family and in any neighborhood.
According to Darkness to Light, a nationally recognized child sexual abuse prevention program:
- 1 in 4 girls is sexually abused before the age of 18
- 1 in 6 boys is sexually abused before the age of 18
- 1 in 5 children are solicited sexually while on the internet
- Nearly 70% of all reported sexual assaults (including assaults on adults) occur to children 17 and younger.
- An estimated 39 million survivors of childhood sexual abuse exist in America today.